Wednesday 11 December 2019

Kona Ute head tube attached front rack

I bought a Kona Ute this fall, I like it, but we have two kids and they take all the space in the back so I needed some kind of front rack. I had previously had a front rack that attached to the front fork but found it cumbersome as it added to the mass that had to be turned when steering. So I wanted a rack that would attached to the frame. After some digging I couldn't find one, so I decided I would make one myself.

Kona Ute doesn't really have any good place for attaching a front rack to the frame, so I decided to bolt it to the head tube with two u-bolts. Luckily I had the old fork mounted rack still, so I only needed to build something to hold it in place. And the old rack was aluminium so it weights less.

Didn't take any pictures while building it, but it was just basically cutting some pieces and then welding them together.




Finished rack, color was chosen by my daughter:)


No comments:

Post a Comment